Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jim Cramer is wrong

My comment on Cramer's Mad Money - Paul Krugman Is Wrong

I'll pick Krugman over Cramer any time.

As far as I know, Mr. Cramer does not have any qualification of any sort to perform economic or financial analysis; whereas Dr. Krugman has a Ph.D. in Economics and won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2008.

I read in Wikipedia that Mr. Cramer does have a Law Degree from Harvard.

I also read the following: "On February 29, 2000, about one week before the historic all-time high of the NASDAQ Composite index, Cramer delivered his "The Winners of the New World" speech at the 6th Annual Internet and Electronic Commerce Conference and Exposition in New York. In this speech, Cramer recommended 10 stocks and went on to say "I wouldn't own any other stocks in the year 2000". By 2009, all of the mentioned companies have either gone out of business, have been taken over by competitors or trade at fractions of their 2000 stock price".

Here is the 2000 article, in case you still want to buy these stocks:

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/891820.html

No comments:

Post a Comment