Key Results of Macron's
On the second anniversary of the adoption of the #ParisAgreement
- commitment by major institutional investors (representing $26 trillion in assets under management) to shift towards renewable energy and low-emission investments
- phasing out coal
- lower shipping emissions
- re-build with resilience in Caribbean
- new climate finance pledges
- carbon neutrality by 2050 commitments by 14 countries, including Germany and Costa Rica.
- @WorldBank will stop funding upstream oil & gas projects
- @AFD to become 100 % Paris Agreement compliant
- Hewlett Foundation pledges $600 million in grants
- @AXA to divest from fossil fuels, and invest $12 billion in green investments.